We are a Helsinki-based architectural firm specializing in demanding renovations, challenging new construction and urban development
This extension functionally and programmatically connects the Kuopio Museum of Cultural History, the Museum of Natural History, and the library. The Kuopio Museum is a historically listed building designed by J.V. Strömberg and completed in 1907. To restore it to its original character, the fire department wing from the 1960s was demolished. Openings in the building’s western façade and the shop of the tower were also restored.