Office and commercial building, Renovation
The building, based on the winning entry by Onni Tarjante and Armas Lindgren in an architectural competition, was completed in 1911 as a life insurance company’s (Henkivakuutusyhtiö Suomi) head office in Finland. The building is protected in the town plan. Architects Hytönen and Luukkonen were responsible for the renovation work in 1938 in connection with the construction of Kalevankatu 6, when the building’s yard was covered. The building was further renovated in 1989, at which point the ventilation system was renewed.
The single-user building was renovated for the use of several different tenants. New elevators and a new entrance to the basement and the 1st floor, as well as a lift and staircase connection from Yrjönkatu, have been built in connection with the main entrance. The office floors were renovated to meet modern requirements and the building services were almost completely renovated.