Rescue station, Renovation

Name

Erottaja Rescue Station

Description

Rescue station, Renovation

Client

City of Helsinki

Year

2013

Size br-m²

5100

Erottaja Rescue Station, completed in 1899, is one of the significant works of architect Theodor Höijer. Equipped with an impressive tower, the red-brick Neo-Renaissance building has been expanded several times over the years but has remained in its original use. A Fire Museum is located in the courtyard building.

During a major renovation in 2013, the building was repaired and expanded to meet the current needs of the Rescue Department. The brick façade was repaired and all building services were renewed. The building is protected in the town plan.